Date: Wednesday February 13, 2019
Fees: Please note the four registration options available to you for this session (two for members and two for non-members). To get the most out of this session, we strongly recommended that participants complete a Personal Resilience Questionnaire in advance. The cost of $30.00 per person can be paid with your registration.
Paid TODN Members:
- With the Personal Resilience Questionnaire: $105 (CAD) Early Bird by February 7, $115 thereafter (CAD)
- Without the Personal Resilience Questionnaire: $75 (CAD) Early Bird by February 7, $85 thereafter (CAD)
- With the Personal Resilience Questionnaire: $30 (CAD)
- Without the Personal Resilience Questionnaire: Free
Location: Ontario Heritage Building, 10 Adelaide St. E., Gallery Rm.
Description: Developing Resilience During Change & TODN AGM
- 5:15 - Sign-in and open networking
- 6:05 - Group feedback session
- 6:30 - Primary event
- 8:15 - Event wrap-up and other business
- 8:25 - AGM
- 9:00 - Event concludes
Primary event: Developing Resilience During Change with Tidal Shift followed by the TODN AGM
Check out this video to learn more about this event!
When an individual is experiencing high levels of change, their capacity to adapt can rapidly be depleted. Resilience—the ability to remain productive during turbulence—helps people achieve better outcomes for themselves and their organizations. This session examines why change can be challenging and introduces a set of seven “change muscles” that help individuals use their energy more effectively as they move through the adaptation process.
By the end of the session, you will increase your knowledge and ability to:
· Understand why change can be challenging.
· Formulate effective responses to change-related challenges.
· Enhance your own resilience.
· Deliver more effective performance during turbulence.
To get the most of out of this session, we strongly recommend that participants complete the Personal Resilience Questionnaire (online, available in multiple languages, takes about 15-20 minutes). The cost is $30.00 – those who purchase the assessment as part of their event registration will receive a link to complete it ahead of the session.
Once the online assessment is completed, participants will receive their individual profile on their own resilience (at the session), which will help with gaining greater understanding what is required to be more resilient and the ability to develop an action plan for strengthening their resilience.
Please note: If you are unable to complete the Questionnaire before February 8, 2019 you may not receive your results until after the session.
David Donaldson is a Practice Lead, Leadership & Change Management with TidalShift Inc. David is an experienced facilitator, trainer, courseware developer, and consultant with over 25 years of experience building and delivering solutions for clients across North America.
David holds a Change Management Practitioner™ (CMP) designation from APMG International, a Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI), and is a Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) from The Institute for Performance and Learning (formerly CSTD). He is an active member of The Institute for Performance and Learning as well as a faculty member for the Schulich Executive Education Centre (SEEC)—a strategic business unit of the Schulich School of Business at York University—for the Master Certificate in Adult Training and Development (MCATD) program.
After the event, the TODN 2019 Annual General Meeting will be held in the Gallery Room at the Ontario Heritage Building. In the earlier part of our evening during our group feedback session, we will be collecting your feedback on some of the new initiatives we implemented, i.e.:
- Setting a yearly overarching theme instead of a per season theme
- Posting our events as we source speakers and opening registration early
- Offering more virtual events
- Refreshing our catering offerings
- Adding webinars from other OD Communities in our newsletters
- New partnership opportunities (such as Art of Leadership, Toronto Change Days) and additional ticket giveaways
Note: Please advise us of any dietary restrictions or disability-related accommodations required at least 7 days prior to the event at: programs@TODN.org